Driving with no springs

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Driving with no springs

Driving with no springs

I have a Max ii and I removed my return springs to adjust my t20 bands and I have been driving it like that around my yard and I really like the feedback I can feel in the sticks, I am not jerking it around anymore and can really finesse a tight turn without removing the lawn. Is there any wear or maintenance issues to leave it like that and do serious trail riding? It is my understanding other t20 apps have no springs pulling on the sticks.

A lot of people remove the springs. I like them for slow driving that can be done without holding forward on the sticks. Higher horsepower vehicles can slip the bands with just spring pressure. Without them you have to hold forward and tend to push harder under heavy throttle so no slipping. I think there may be less wear when you need to hold the sticks to move. If you like it without leave them out.

Removed the springs from my MaxIV bout a year ago. Love it. Probably won't ever go back again.
    "I'm NOT stuck, I'm just temporarily stopped"

I did some trail riding and loved it but it does give you an arm and hand workout! I had to take a break after about 45 min. I am not sure if thats due to no assist springs or not. What do yall think.

Pretty common to remove the springs, and to switch over to either lighter or heavier springs. Whatever feels best to you is the way to go. I like the feel of heavier springs myself.

+ Reply to Thread