no title, need title

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: no title, need title

no title, need title

HI gang.
    hope this is the correct topic?
    anyway, if not, please move or delete, with apologies.

So,
    I got a Max II, and the owner has never come through with a title. Seems there never was one.
    I'm guessing it to be a late a 70's, maybe early 80's model, it has the Rotax engine.
    Is there anyone with an extra title I could buy? or know of a way to get title?
    I'm in CA, and it seems nearly impossible to get a title, short of a ton of paperwork, appointment(s) and such.
    Any ideas?

Thanks
    Henry
    Henry:
    I don't know where I'm going, but, I'm on my way...........

Quote Originally Posted by ygmir View Post
    HI gang.
    hope this is the correct topic?
    anyway, if not, please move or delete, with apologies.

So,
    I got a Max II, and the owner has never come through with a title. Seems there never was one.
    I'm guessing it to be a late a 70's, maybe early 80's model, it has the Rotax engine.
    Is there anyone with an extra title I could buy? or know of a way to get title?
    I'm in CA, and it seems nearly impossible to get a title, short of a ton of paperwork, appointment(s) and such.
    Any ideas?

Thanks
    Henry
    Not sure how it is in Ca or for Maxx. But all I did was call Argo and asked them for an original bill of sale. It didn't have to have my name on it or anything. gave them the serial number of my machine. Took that and a notorized copy of my current bill of sale into the title office. They made a phone call and poor printed me out a fresh new title.

I went through the whole process in michigan to get a title for my 1969 scrambler,took hours and then it was considered a boat.Now that I look back at it ,I never should have bothered.Money wasted .I realize that unless I am tearing up someone's private property then my chances of ever needing to have paperwork for law enforcement is zero.

In Wisconsin if any ATV does not carry some sort of registration card/ID They say I can't prove it's not stolen. I had three 4 wheelers taken from Me by the cops after the guy next door had a pissing contest with Me, took 2 yr's to get em' back.

One was found at a Ozaukee Co detective's summer cabin...

Try contacting member "techfx". He was a resident of CA. a few years back and I think he managed to register an old Max II out there. From what he posted along with other members.... California is a red tape nightmare.

In NY I've registered a couple machines by bringing a photo and an etching of the serial # to DMV. I also had to get the machines weighed. Each time they ran the numbers to check if they'd ever been reported stolen. Got my registrations about 6 weeks later each time.
    Banned

That was why I went through all the trouble of getting a vin number,My neighbors were not very nice to me once I moved in and kept calling the township on me.I finally confronted the idiot and let him know I can make his life just as miserable as he is making mine.Cops wonder why some people hate them,I am sure their are lots of crimes committed on 3 wheelers.That neighbor would have a mysterious sudden major problem with one of his vehicles if he did that to me.Sorry to here about your experience.One nice thing about living close to detroit is cops have better things to do than impound atvs.

first thing is pull the seat and inspect the top of the frame rail in front of the battery. You may have to sand it to find the serial #. will only be 4 or5 numbers. That's a start with the serial you may be able to get a dupe manufacturers statement of origin. These vehicles only came with an MSO and a lot of states don't require a title so they were never issued. DMVs don't like the short serial numbers so I fill the forms with zeros in front to get the 17 digits they want. Alaska allows us to post a bond for three years in order to obtain an un secured title. Good luck with the government.

I use my 8x8 on public water ways. So I have to get a title. Then I had to have a boat and an Atv registraion on it. Only way I could take the thing where ever I wanted and not worry about the Barney Fifes in my area.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Nubs View Post
    In Wisconsin if any ATV does not carry some sort of registration card/ID They say I can't prove it's not stolen. I had three 4 wheelers taken from Me by the cops after the guy next door had a pissing contest with Me, took 2 yr's to get em' back.

One was found at a Ozaukee Co detective's summer cabin...
    Funny you should mention that, for many years many folks in my addition spotted a Hunt County Sheriff's car at a house that had several folks living there that had been busted for thievery, drug possession and drug sales. I myself mentioned it to the local Sheriff along with many other people. The sheriff told me that it was just a coincidence that the deputy had friends there (with issues). Nothing was done for several years to the deputy in question. Three years later that deputy refused to provide a urine sample as part of a routine drug test and was let go for that reason. Finally justice I figured.

The next I learned that same deputy took a job with the local school district, imagine that.
    There are many fine folks in law enforcement, and a few dirt bags as well. I've often been disappointed in how they protect their own.

yeah dang, red tape...........anyone have an AATV title they're not using?............ideally Max, but probably anything would do. I could then go get the 2 stickers (water and OHV) I need here in CA........dang.
    Henry:
    I don't know where I'm going, but, I'm on my way...........

+ Reply to Thread