New to forum and 6 wheelers

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New to forum and 6 wheelers

Are you looking for an original 3-lug hub axle or a 5-lug axle of a newer machine. I have both styles laying around used but in good usable condition
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

3 hole is what i have

Also found the sprockets where they bolt to the axle are all loose and egg shaped. It appears some are cracked.

Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    Also found the sprockets where they bolt to the axle are all loose and egg shaped. It appears some are cracked.
    Are yours the #40 chain or #50 chain sprockets? Amphibiousdrew or I have a couple extra sprocket sets laying around for you.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

the chain from the transmission to center sprocket is 50 from center sprocket to center wheel 60 from center sprocket to front and back sprockets is 50

I think I have an extra set of good condition #50 chain sprockets floating around.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Have transmission back in, now input side won't shift into forward. was working fine on bench. Also need shims for jack shaft, any ideas

Rock it.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

These t20's on their best day shift pretty tough. Don't let the gears grind.
    Rocking it back and forth, and my trick that works is to pull the sticks back, press the shifter down gently, let them snap forward. It will usually fall into gear.

Your t20 operates like two divorced differentials, meaning the operate independently from each side. The best mod to make it shift easier, is to cut the shifter in half so you can shift each side independently, so they won't fight eachother when trying to shift. It's much easier to line up one gear at a time than two simontaniously, it also gives you the option to run one side in forward and the other in reverse.

welded up split shift - Amphibious ATV Pictures

This photo in the gallery is te best example I could find of the easiest split shifter.

+ Reply to Thread