New to forum and 6 wheelers

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: New to forum and 6 wheelers

What did you use for your second shift lever ? Trans won't budge on drivers side.

If you can find a small hollow pipe that will slide around the shaft that ties the two together, cut it, slide it over, (the pipe keeps the levers straight) weld the extra pipe onto it to make a "T" shape, and just get a ball from an old lawn mower or replacement from a hardware store. There's a lot of different ways to do it, when I get mine done il post pics and a parts list.

Alright, I'm putting a topic/guide together now. This is the easiest way I found to do the split shifter.

Have trans in working on split shift. Was wondering with the shift lever up, should that be forward or reverse? and does it matter.

It really doesn't matter. You could stick with the factory direction where down is forward and up is reverse.

thanks again for the help.If your installing a different motor, what is the best distance for the motor to transmission. How do you determine what length of belt you would use.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...uLNkoj9chdd8GQ

Take a look at this link. It gives you center to center distances and corresponding belt numbers.

dirtdobber's link is great. What I normally do is put the motor and trans in the ATV and move it around until I get it where I want it. Then I measure the belt needed and see what is available that is close to that distance.

+ Reply to Thread