New to forum and 6 wheelers

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New to forum and 6 wheelers

Question New to forum and 6 wheelers

6 wheeler.jpgHello everyone from 9,000 ft in the snowy Rockies. I just inherited a 6 wheeler and this seems the place to be. Have no idea of manufacturer, it has a 2 cylinder JLO Rockwell motor, a Walbro carb and a Skid Steer transmission. Any info would be helpful as it doesn't run, and hasn't in at least 20 years. I am going to attempt to rebuild it and get it running, once all this snow melts.
    Last edited by lowrider; 03-01-2015 at 10:41 PM.

Post some pics and we can help identify it. What color is the machine, is it a 2 or 4 passenger?
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Welcome,
    Where are you in the Rockies. I'm in NW Denver. Arvada actually.
    Our motto in the Strategic Air Command was "Peace is our Profession". If you don't believe it we'll bomb the hell out of you.

In Bailey

That's a Max II by recreatives industries now owned by Mudd-Ox. I've had one or two of those. They are great units.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Drew is right, it's a Max II. Is it a 340cc or 400cc JLO Rockwell engine? If it's a 400, then it's the Big Max model, if it's a 340, then it's a 340-T model. The Max II is a great machine. What is the serial number on the machine? It'll be able to tell us what model year the machine is. Also, it almost looks like that might be the original Max trailer you have along with it, which was available as a Max accessory from Recreatives in the 1970's.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Well, on a global scale we're practically next door neighbors. That is definately an old Max ll. If you have any questions about it, PM me. I don't know everything, but I just went thru mine and it's performing nicely. There is also ton's of information on here. The "How To" section is particularly helpful. See ya!
    Our motto in the Strategic Air Command was "Peace is our Profession". If you don't believe it we'll bomb the hell out of you.

Finally found serial # 5066

Its a 1976 model according to manufacturer website.
    "coming through like a herd of turtles"

Have tore it down, motor shot going with a Polaris 550. Found bent front axle. Need help finding axle and replacing all the bearings.

+ Reply to Thread