one sided

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: one sided

one sided

So only one side of my t20 is pulling. It popped in reverse and I lost a side .

Any idea's

Chances are, you may have only broken a pin on the shifter. Pull the broken-side shifter out of its bore on top of the transmission and inspect it to see if the pin is broken off, like this one.

Of course, you could have broken a band as well, but let's start with the easy stuff.....

If the movement of the sticks changed especially the bad side it's a broken band. Probably a pin or shift collar failure.

Ok so my other max ll just pops when you put it in reverse only on the secondary side any suggestions

Bent linkage or wore shift pin. Remove the linkage and manually engage it, if problems gone there you go, if not remove that shifter.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Thanks

So we're can I get a pin for the left side

Part # is 4147B on max 6x6.com. They usually require welding a pull bolt to old pin and heating to anneal the old pis so it dosent break. You have to purchase a new shifter if not able to remove the pin. Some are easy but most are pressed in. Good luck.

Mark, Mike, Jim, others... would it work to drill a small hole above the pin (opposite side) and tap it out with a small steel pin?
    Stand for the Flag. Kneel for the Cross.

+ Reply to Thread