Where to buy bearings?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Where to buy bearings?

I got my bearings from Buffalo also however I changed it up a little bit and went with the bearings that have two set screws to the axle for the outer bearings as I've seen the lock collars break loose or just break altogether. The lock collars are more geared towards a one direction application. Buffalo doesn't stock these but they can order them. Here's the numbers if you're interested. Hope this helps.
    Outer UC-207-20 R3
    Inner UC-206-17
    What it lacks in ground clearance it makes up for with traction.

Tbone9... Thank you. Does the set screw style eliminate the need for lock collars, or is it in addition to lock collars? Thanks.
    Stand for the Flag. Kneel for the Cross.

Eliminates the lock collar all together. They'll have two set screws just like the inner bearings. Just put antisieze on the screws. We use this style bearing in industry a lot.

Thank you very much.

Regarding the set screws, would there be a need to drill dimples in the axles for the set screws? I ask because the Avenger we owned had dimples for the set screws on the sprockets. Makes sense, but unsure if it would apply to bearings. Thanks for all the help.

I didn't drill them because because we never do in industry, but definitely for the sprockets.

Tbone9...Thank you.

AkCtawler... Thanks for the tip.

No problem. Keep that Max healthy so you can find more Mamoth parts. What cool hobby!

Thanks. This is exactly why I'm fixing up our Max IV, and collecting spare parts. Looking for mammoth tusks, teeth, and bones us a nice hobby. Gets us outside and riding. I prefer the Max over any quad now. More fun.

+ Reply to Thread