Max II doesn't move, just spins in water.

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Max II doesn't move, just spins in water.

Ogdensburg, NY mailing but live in Morristown, New York
    Hi Switched the arrow of the first four tires to point backwards. The machine now moves but slow in the water. One thing I noticed is that it tends to pull hard to the left. When you hold the stick, only one side moves and it just kind of sit in the water. Had to use an oar to get some windage to line up into the turn. I'm thinking I might as well move the last two tires in the rear also so that the arrow of all the tires are pointing backwards. I probably should see how the tire pressure and circumference measures for all six tires. What do you suggest? Thank you.

I agree with everything your planning on doing. All 6 need to be aimed the right direction.
    Also, leaning into a water turn helps significantly.

Max2s have some other quirks to check if its not in the tire pressure. Chain tension is a major culprit of lack of power, deflection should be from .5-.75 inches at the mid point.

The other issue that I've seen on multiple machines if for the set screw to work out of the middle sprocket, this allows either too much slack or binding of the middle and front axles as the sprocket floats on the axle tube. When this happens the rear end will get most of the power and the tell-tail sign is that the machine will sit really low in water towards the back of the machine. The other axles may still turn but the bulk of the power is lost.

I think liflod's suggestion is probably all you need. The engine sits off to one side in your Max II so it is not perfectly centered. That alone will cause it to steer better to the left. You have to get used to shifting your body weight around. If you slide over to the right, lean and pull back on the right stick, you should turn better to that side. You don't have to lean with it, but at least make sure you have the weight balanced out with the motor which will probably require you to slide to the right of center a little.

Ogdensburg, NY mailing but live in Morristown, New York
    Got busy stacking wood but reversed the last two tires for all six. Looking forward to trying it out. Thank you all for the help. You guys are great.

This could also be a tread "depth" issue. How much tread is left on the tires?

+ Reply to Thread