Belt got wet, grabs hard as hell now...

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Belt got wet, grabs hard as hell now...

Belt got wet, grabs hard as hell now...

Hey guys, after a nice day of riding my max around a massive sand pit near my house I convinced my girlfriend she needed to finally swim the max and bring it back onto land. (She has swam it plenty but nervous about picking her landing spot)
    So, into the crystal clear water we go, sides quite sharp from the excavation. Approaching the other side of the water-filled cut she brought the max2 in square with land and it grabbed land and went almost 90 degrees straight up. I knew water was coming in from the vents and she threw it in reverse and we headed back across with the bilge pumping quite heavy! She got it out with belt slipping a little from the water and I pulled the plugs once we were back on hard ground...Point of the story, now that the belt and torque converter are baptized, the machine pulls hard as hell, like the day she was born!! Love it!

Cool story. A bit scary, too. Glad you both made it back. (I think I ought to mount the bilge in ours now).
    Stand for the Flag. Kneel for the Cross.

Hey Rusty, the bilge is one thing that if it goes out tomorrow would be replaced tomorrow. I take diligent care of my machine and once you have it you'll wonder why you didn't before.

Belt grabbing hard is probably a result of water acting as a (VERY TEMPORARY) lube in the clutches. I hose mine out with brake clean from time to time then use some dry graphite lube once they are dry... They are always happier after.
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Good idea, I'll try that!

+ Reply to Thread