Frame

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Frame

Frame

Was just wondering if R.I. Ever painted their Maxll frames red and if so what year would that have been. My frame on my project has primer gray and then red. No black at all!

I had a 73 that was grey from factory. My 74 was just rust when I got it so I don't know what color it was.

My 1970 frame was gray from the factory as well.. I actually managed to come up with an almost perfect match paint too... It's New Holland Chassis Grey(Dad works at a tractor dealership and I get paint half price) and it matches almost perfectly.

Yep grey in the early ones.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Well, that looks very much like my frame minus the rust! Rust can't form when there is five gallons of grease in the tub! Due to health issues I won't be able to do much here for a while. My daughter been sanding on the frame to get the red paint off. I now know how Mike felt when he painted that engine cover pink! Maryanns idea is to paint the frame many different colors. I told her black would be good. She told me that I am boring! Anyway, gray is not an option! We will have to see what happens! God help me!

Grease is GOOD,paint is good and inside storage is better. This is what that frame replaced. No paint to be found and slowly turning to dirt, the Attex frame is much worse though a bad pic.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Oh my, that frame is toast! I agree that inside storage is key. My garage is just long enough to get both machines in when put together. I do plan on rearranging this summer. I have found three cracks in the frame. I'm Sure when all the paint is sanded off I will find more. My mig will earn it's keep. Well anyway, you can't fix it unless you tear it apart!

+ Reply to Thread