center axel

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: center axel

Also, standard length bits are a PIA to get in beside sprocket set screws. I was in heavy aircraft sheet metal for a couple years and scrounged all the foot long drill bits I could get my hands on. You can find them in the right hardware stores. They are a real lifesaver in tight areas.
    Our motto in the Strategic Air Command was "Peace is our Profession". If you don't believe it we'll bomb the hell out of you.

Outlaw1
    LMAO, I am an aircraft mechanic and I was using the foot long #30 and #40 bits we have at work, I had to use a dremel tool with double cut carbide bits to get the center ones out.

Last axel was removed today and now to remove the frame and fire up the pressure washer. Hard part is done. I figure I have close to 8 hrs removing all the axels

Larry

6x6burnout:
    Last edited by Model Citizen; 07-12-2016 at 09:11 AM.

Kool! Then you know the drill (HA!) play on words. We used to make some crazy homemade tools for special purpose aircraft fixes at Continental. I'm sure you know exactly what I'm talking about. Press on my friend.
    Our motto in the Strategic Air Command was "Peace is our Profession". If you don't believe it we'll bomb the hell out of you.

Model Citizen
    thanks so much. It is very true that the wives and or girlfriends are the better half. at least that is what my wife tells me.

Outlaw

Yes I know what you mean I have a draw full of "special tools" I am an engine mechanic by trade, Garrett 331 engines. I have been overhauling and testing them for 28 years now.

Larry

Finally got her apart, hard stuff done, now for the easy part, All new sprockets and jackshafts, bearings, chains, bearing cages. high rev engine kit, modified exhaust, drive clutch, already completed overhauled items are T20, brakes, driven clutch.
    will be cleaning everything the next few days then hopefully sometime in the next 2 weeks I can get all my parts and start to re assemble

http://www.6x6world.com/gallery/data...506_151946.jpg

Larry

I tried to get the picture imbedded in the post. if uploaded 4 of them to the gallery if anyone is interested in looking

+ Reply to Thread