max ll re wire and exhaust work

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: max ll re wire and exhaust work

Wink max ll re wire and exhaust work

Hi every one I haven't posted in a wile but I have some free time to work on my max. I am going to get it wired up so it charges, lights work and get rid of the hacked up factory harness. For my wiring harness I am using 14ga 6 conductor trailer wire and fasten it along the edge of the body with hose bracket that will be held down bye the flat nuts that hold the body bolts in. Then I am going to mount a starter silnoid to the hitch bracket and make all my connections in the back . no for my muffler mod I wanted a bit more clearance for my 24inch Argo tires so I am putting a slip on off a 250 dirt bike. Here are some pics I am still working on the exhaust bracket let me know what u all think

[url=http://www.6x6world.com/gallery/brian-27s-max-ii/p23895-rewiring-the-max.html][/url.
    Last edited by brian v; 05-11-2015 at 10:03 PM.

Smile

[/url]. . [url=http://www.6x6world.com/gallery/brian-27s-max-ii/p23888-rewiring-the-max.html]
    Last edited by brian v; 07-15-2015 at 01:04 AM.

Lookin' good,Brian. Will we be seeing the two of you at Ashtabula in June?

Thanks. No I am not going to be able to make it up this year but I will make it in the fall event

Hi Brian, what year is your max? I have an early 70s max that I am working on and it also is set up with a trailer plug and the same hose clamps! The clamps are not set up the same way but they will be after seeing how you did yours! My plugs are a four blade and a two blade. I don't think that I have ever seen a six blade. Where did you get yours if I may ask?

Quote Originally Posted by tattooman View Post
    Hi Brian, what year is your max? I have an early 70s max that I am working on and it also is set up with a trailer plug and the same hose clamps! The clamps are not set up the same way but they will be after seeing how you did yours! My plugs are a four blade and a two blade. I don't think that I have ever seen a six blade. Where did you get yours if I may ask?
    I think it is a 98. I am not using a trailer plug just the wire. I like using it because in is 6 14 gage wires encased in a jacket so it looks neat and all your wires are protected and if u need more u can get it with 7 wires here is a link for the 6wire stuff Trailer Light Cable Wiring Harness 14 6 14 Gauge 6 Wire Jacketed Black Flexible | eBay
    And I am thinking of putting a plug up front so I can take the top off I was going to use a gm weather pack here is a link for that to Delphi GM 6 Pin Weatherpack Connector Kit 16 14 AWG Made in USA | eBay hope this helps ,

OK well I have done a lot of work to the max from the last time I. So I put a new starter silnoid on and mounted it to the trailer bracket off the frame that is where all my connections are made added a new volt regular I will try to get pics tomorrow so u can see the progress. I mounted my new muffler let me know what u guys think of it will have pics tomorrow thanks

Last edited by brian v; 07-15-2015 at 01:01 AM.

+ Reply to Thread