'94 Max II - Bearing / Flange replacement - Need a quick clarification

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: '94 Max II - Bearing / Flange replacement - Need a quick clarification

Question '94 Max II - Bearing / Flange replacement - Need a quick clarification

Hi all,

Model: '94 Max II
    Serial: 10608

I'm about to redo all of the bearings for the axles and would like confirmation I have selected the right items for purchase. The items are written how I envisioned they would fit onto the axle. Am i missing anything? That 15014 flange, can i use that on the inside of the tub as well? I see there is currently one on my Max.

62mm locking collar --- 15283 Outer 3 Hole Flange Greasable --- 15012 Bearing 62mm --- ???paper gasket (i see one available at max6x6)??? --- 15014 Outer 3 Hole Flange Non-Greaseable --- caulk strips---- (inside of tub) 15014 Outer 3 Hole Flange Non-Greaseable --- 15010 Axle End Bushing (Inner)

So if the above is correct, the shopping list would be as follows:

6 x 15283 Outer 3 Hole Flange Greasable
    12 x 15014 Outer 3 Hole Flange Non-Greaseable
    6 x 15012 Bearing 62mm with Locking Collar
    6 x 15010 Axle End Bushing (Inner)
    6 x 30075 GASKET, FLANGE PAPER OUTER BEARING - MAX II
    6 x 1ft caulk strip

Thank you for any feedback, hoping to order today or tomorrow to have the parts for the long upcoming weekend!

Gilby

While you're doing the bearings have you consider adding the inside bearings instead of bushings and split ring collars! It would be a very good up grade! With that setup, there is less of a chance of the axels coming out while you are 10 miles back in the bush! I lost the front left in that manner. Had to replace a lot of damaged stuff! I was only 25 yards from my driveway!
    Last edited by tattooman; 05-18-2015 at 04:20 PM.

+ Reply to Thread