Frame Removal old Max II

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Frame Removal old Max II

BFH and Sawzall
    Our motto in the Strategic Air Command was "Peace is our Profession". If you don't believe it we'll bomb the hell out of you.

i am not planing on up dating the chain if i dont have to, what do you have for parts, i am interested do you know what the approximate weight of the parts. I figure thats how shipping is caculated

Quote Originally Posted by waud View Post
    i am not planing on up dating the chain if i dont have to, what do you have for parts, i am interested do you know what the approximate weight of the parts. I figure thats how shipping is caculated
    Last set of sprockets I shipped out fit in a medium flat rate box from the post office.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

That not bad flat rate box. I'm going to start removing the axles soon.

Hi waud, sorry, have not been on. Not feeling well! Look, if you want the sprockets I will send them right out to you! Should'nt be much more than $20.00. Give me your address or a cell # and we will get her done! I also have the idler sprockets!

Thank you tattooman that would be great. My cell is 401-255-8452. No worries about not being on I have limited time myself I'm a firefighter and work weird long shifts. If you want message me and we can get things set up

he's rite, good choice, #40 chain just doesn't hold up.#50 or better. good luck on your build.

Really started in on the frame removal, bolts are coming off pretty good. All the bearings apper to be original locking collars are rusted in place as well as the left front sprocket and brake drum. Transmission is out, that was fairly easy. Grand kids on way over for fathers day lunch. I will get some pics up soon

Out of curiosity, on my lower i see some nuts and bolts facing into the tub below where the frame sits, is this supposed to be there? The previous owner welded on new side frame rails due to severe rust and there is no holes for these bolts to guide onto. I am worried that the frame weight will push these bolts out the bottom.

I looked my frame over and I did not see any bolts like you described facing that way.

+ Reply to Thread