Frame Removal old Max II

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Frame Removal old Max II

Frame Removal old Max II

I have an old max II serial number 552, I have had it several years, bought it with no motor and filled with all kinds of debris. I recently bought a motor for it, 91 cat lynx 300. I can finally move toward on this project. I want to remove the frame. I am looking for help or tips on how to do this. Any help would be great.

hey waud, sounds fun. you will get plenty of guidance on this site. basically remove all the chains, unbolt all outer axle bearing flanges, loosen sprockets etc. onceall the bearing flange bolts are out and the axles pulled out of frame it should lift out. of course getting to this point can be tough if stuff is rusted, etc. this is the general idea. i probably forgot something.. but others will help. john boy va.

Thank you for the advice, that's what I was thinking

Pbblaster/wd40/liquid wrench, and or some heat will be your friend when it comes to getting bolts apart on the axle and possibly even to get the sprocket tubes off of the axles so you can pull the axles out of the frame

BFH TIME

I have been pretreating with pb blaster. The chain tensioners are unlike any I have seen. These are sprockets that can be moved up or down. I will try and take some pics off them tomorrow.

My Max IV has sprocket chain tensioners that move up/down. I don't know if yours is modified or factory option. I never owned a Max II so I don't know.
    Stand for the Flag. Kneel for the Cross.

Quote Originally Posted by waud View Post
    I have been pretreating with pb blaster. The chain tensioners are unlike any I have seen. These are sprockets that can be moved up or down. I will try and take some pics off them tomorrow.
    Stock adjusters in early 40 chain machines.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Was going to ask about chain size, this site is great. Good people with good knowledge

Hi waud, currently working on a maxll with the same set up. Are you going to upgrade to #50 chain? If not I have many drive parts that you can have for the price of shipping. I am upgrading so I don't need them! Just let me know.

+ Reply to Thread