New Max II redesign?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: New Max II redesign?

The only tub mod I'd want is the fender area molded for 24" tires, so we wouldn't have to do it ourself if we wanted to go higger tires. Otherwise I like the Max II just the way it is.
    Stand for the Flag. Kneel for the Cross.

it was realy never made for bigger tire or realy needid them. as it's very adjile and sweet looking from the factory ! I would only like to see to old colors come back. other than that I still think its one of the best looking AATV's out there ! The only one to me that looks as cool is the Amphicat. or SPD Wedge !!

Priority one! Modified with shock mounted bucket seat option. Took mine out last week for the first time since rebuild. Almost broke my freakin back.
    Our motto in the Strategic Air Command was "Peace is our Profession". If you don't believe it we'll bomb the hell out of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw1 View Post
    Would you REALLY want to go digital with a MAX? I don't think so. It's ugly enough on regular ATV's, can't imagine it on a MAX. It would also make the manufacturing costs and buyers cost very prohibitive.
    I couldn't agree more......you're spot on with that!
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

U may have all the die hards "all wound up" by your interest in updateing the max...but make no mistake about it, every one of them has found something to complain about at one point. They obviously arnt interested in blue tooth type stuff, but an update is an update and if they had the money a new one would be in the barn.

Quote Originally Posted by rcn11thacr View Post
    if they had the money a new one would be in the barn.
    I've had many newer machines than I run. Even Matt has asked why I've sold some and kept my older units. I could certainly buy a brand new unit, but some of us actually prefer the satisfaction of having turned every nut and screw on the machine ourselves. There is always room for improvement, but no I don't need gps and Bluetooth on my aatv.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

i think it's more fun to do the mods ourselves, makes for a great variety of ideas and ingenuity and then we all have more of a '' grab bag '' to choose from to apply to our own machines. when i finish my ''highboy '' it will be fun sharing pictures and ideas for others to enjoy, just as others have done for all of us. cool ! john boy va.

Quote Originally Posted by rcn11thacr View Post
    U may have all the die hards "all wound up" by your interest in updateing the max...but make no mistake about it, every one of them has found something to complain about at one point. They obviously arnt interested in blue tooth type stuff, but an update is an update and if they had the money a new one would be in the barn.
    This "update", as if it would improve it, would also break down. Improvemrnts in itself don't solve all problems. Besides, GPS, Bluetooth, etc. are not improvements, but additions. These don't need to come from the factory. Try the Pimp My Max show.
    Stand for the Flag. Kneel for the Cross.

Obviously I should have stated this in a format that didn't ruffle feathers. I could care less about gps, I also agree that is an addition, not a necessity (at least for those of us that know how to still use a compass and read a map). When I think of upgrades I think of necessities like belts instead of chains (things that actually make it more user friendly). Those of us who like to tinker (myself included) will always find something we "have to" modify. That will never change. Some of us will always want "old school" and I like that too. Lord knows how much money Ive spent rebuilding old hot rods. That will not change. What will (and imho already has) is that new blood coming into the sport will want "certain" modifications to these machines, and we should too, if we expect to make these toys more main stream. How many of us don't want more of these machines to sell? Right. None of us. So to clarify my first post...some updates are "needed" if the manufacturer wants to sell more units. Tell me someone on this board wouldn't trade their left nut to not have to adjust chains twice a day? How much more fun would these toys be if that ONE thing was done? The reliability factor would tripple and I bet that many more units would sell. Take the one thing that scares most non mechanically inclined away from the dealerships. I wager chain maintenance is the largest deterent from more people buying these vehicles. We all agree these vehicles are awesome...but face it, chains suck. Some improvements do solve problems, does your back hurt after leaning over to adjust or fix a broken chain? Mine sure does. That would solve a back problem .

Just my two cents.
    Last edited by rcn11thacr; 06-01-2015 at 06:07 PM.

Well the newer one's do have #50 O/ring chain. And the use of a Good lube like White lightning from BG will keep them in Great shape ! All in All it comes down to Maitenence !
    Now a Softer better riding seat ! Most all would agree on that !

+ Reply to Thread