Max IV laterals... distance from dash board?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Max IV laterals... distance from dash board?

Max IV laterals... distance from dash board?

Hi. I recently modified our T20 to use pivot bolts on the U-channels. The channels are saced awsy from the vading the thickness of a washer. This is so the U-channels don't bind on the casing.
    What is the distance from the dash board the laterals ought to be when adjusted? I ask becsuse one side is now closer than the other. I assume its because of the U-channels being mountef awsy from the cading, and one side might be drillef a bit different. (the mods do work very well. Thanks.
    Stand for the Flag. Kneel for the Cross.

New vehicles were usually 5" from dash. I like mine at 3". Adjustment is done under the front floor board.

Thank you, Mark. I got both set equal, about 3-4" away. Test drive number two this weekend.

Update... After the test drive we rode the Max for the day. It was a.very enjoyable ride but the laterals were too far forward. After we came back we adjusted them close as the would go. The adjustment is threaded all the way in, giving me about 5-6" (guessing) away from the dashboard. It now feels better to me.
    Thanks for the advice.

+ Reply to Thread