Pulled the trigger

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Pulled the trigger

The plungers not being flush is rather normal. Not to worry. As long as the brake bands work as they should then it really doesn't matter if the plungers aren't equal.
    Last edited by Rusty-Gunn; 06-19-2015 at 06:09 AM.
    Stand for the Flag. Kneel for the Cross.

That's great. Now go out and have some fun.

SE Texas Just between the piney woods and the Gulf of Mexico
    Pulled the motor out and changed the oil...it was dirty quite possibly the first oil change its seen. I am going to attach a hose and valve to the oil drain to make the oil changes a bit easier.
    I went ahead and decided to pull the tranny for piece of mind and I'm glad I did. I jacked up the front as far as my floor jack could go.....maybe a foot and a half off the ground...and now that I've seen pics of machines winched almost vertical I feel that may have not been enough.

I was able to get about 1/2 a qt of fluid out...it was quite dark and there was good bit of gunk built up on the bottom plug....I'm also planning on putting some tubes on the plug and drain to make changing fluids in the tranny a it easier.

going to crack it open this afternoon and hope to see smooth drums and just some worn bands...

That's the update so far...we shall see this evening.

SE Texas Just between the piney woods and the Gulf of Mexico

Pulled trans.. lookin good.

Pulled the trans yesterday and cracked it open...Bands look good and the drums are smooth and bright.

The fluid inside was of questionable DNA so the general consensus is to clean everything off and purge with one quart....drain and refill with fresh just to make sure the unknown stuff is all gone.

So I will order gaskets this evening and hopefully have it buttoned up and everything back in by Thurs evening if work allows.

In the mean time, I'm going to clean the tub, check the bearings and just some general tlc.

I was concerned that the sticks being stiff was a trans issue but I guess they are supposed to be like that... because with all the linkage disconnected there is still some tension.

Hopefully I'll have it all lined out for the 4th weekend.
    Attached Images

You might need to drop some oil down the lateral tubes. There ought to be small holes on the grip ends for this.
    Stand for the Flag. Kneel for the Cross.

+ Reply to Thread