Pulled the trigger

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pulled the trigger

SE Texas Just between the piney woods and the Gulf of Mexico

Pulled the trigger

Made a 4 hour run today and sold my 4 wheeler...then drove another 30 min a picked up my new toy.
    2003 IV in camo with a 25 Kohler and the big tires.
    Says it has a heated throttle cable? Dunno going to dig into it tomorrow.

Seller cleaned carb and then ran old gas back thru it..didn't get to drive it so let's hope the little lady I bought it from was telling the truth about it running and driving fine after the initial carb cleaning.

Going to drain and clean fuel tank, replace all fuel lines, filter and run thru the carb....spark plugs and an oil change tomorrow.

Next is bearings and chains.
    Attached Images

Nice. I'll be reading your comments as my time permits. Rebuilds others do teach me things.
    Stand for the Flag. Kneel for the Cross.

tx, looks very clean and well taken care of. i bet she will run great after some t.l.c. let us know how you like it compared to your 4 wheeler experience. have fun ! johnboy va.

have fun

Looks nice ! You may just need to adjust the chains ? Let us know how you make out ??

Nice looking Max. Being a Southern boy you may want to donate that heated cable to some of our Northern friends!

Got the fuel tank cleaned out from all the caramel candy in there and changed the plugs and fuel filter.

She won't idle on her own.. if I drip fuel in she just idles so smooth.

Pulled the top off the carb and found some more varnish and a rotted o-ring.
    The rest of the o rings are swole up too...
    Looks like a carb rebuild.

Should I buy a new carb or rebuild?

You should be able to just rebuild the carburetor and have it work fine. Clean all of the ports really well and make sure you can shoot carb cleaner through each one.

Get a gallon can of the "soaker" carb cleaner at your parts house. About the only way I can keep anything running anymore.

Got it fired up today!!

Ran a little rough at first, but the longer it ran it began to smooth out some. I am going to run it some more tomorrow.
    the
    Took it for a little spin in the field next to the house...that 25 makes it scoot...didnt realize that it would be that quick! The sticks are a bit tight but i was told that was from the springs..no popping, grinding coughing or wheezing.

The only thing that concerns me is that the plunger on the left side of the trans is about 1/4 in out while the rt side is flush with the case when the sticks are pushed forward...I'll get a pic up tomorrow.

I was happy just to find one and get it home...now that it runs and drives, I'm pumped up!!!

+ Reply to Thread