Chain stretcher

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Chain stretcher

Chain stretcher

Hi All
    I hope this idea will help someone, I used these plies to stretch my chain to install the master link and it works awesome, 5 dollars from harbor freight. Once the master link is in then you can use them to squeeze the link together compressing the orings and install the clip. very easy and cheaper than buying a "proper" stretcher

I was going to use a old pair of vise grips with a little hand chain adjuster welded to the end. That way you can lock in place and free your hands up. I just need to remember to weld it next time together

Why dont you just grind down an old set of vice grips like the one sold by Argo

I've always used a zip tie.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Zip tie? Awesome idea! Very simple to do. Thanks.
    Stand for the Flag. Kneel for the Cross.

Zip ties make it very easy.

+ Reply to Thread