Air duct or fan...anyone done it?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Air duct or fan...anyone done it?

SE Texas Just between the piney woods and the Gulf of Mexico

Air duct or fan...anyone done it?

Noticed temps get high back there on my IV..

Anyone ever ran a duct for fresh air to the motor from one of the side vents or run a fan for cool air intake into the engine compartment?

Had to do it to my 2006/07 Argo 6x6 .... pre brake fan model , also added a hood fan to cool the engine compartment alone with the brake fan check out my photo gallery ...

bg

SE Texas Just between the piney woods and the Gulf of Mexico
    I'm thinking a duct from the right side vent for fresh air to the motor and maybe a small fan to pull air out...

The duct work may be enough, but a small automotive fan on a switch wouldnt be overkill...found one that pulls 6 amps.

Thanks for the ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by txpirogue View Post
    I'm thinking a duct from the right side vent for fresh air to the motor and maybe a small fan to pull air out...

The duct work may be enough, but a small automotive fan on a switch wouldnt be overkill...found one that pulls 6 amps.

Thanks for the ideas.
    My Hustler had problems with overheating and vapor locking so I installed an automotive fan on the rear that blows air into the engine compartment. I have it on a switch. It pulls about 4 amps. Got it off amazon.

I plan to do the same. Instead I want to install it to the rear floor board upright (behind the passengers calf muscles, as it were. It will have a plug to dusconnect it when ever I need to remove the floor board.
    I figure pullibg fresh air under to the trans and up to the engine would be good.
    Stand for the Flag. Kneel for the Cross.

+ Reply to Thread