johnboys max 2 highboy

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: johnboys max 2 highboy

looks interesting,keep the gears turning!

Does your machine still float?I still plan on doing this mod but I probably wont if It wont float.

flippy, it floats just fine. seems to swim a little better but those tires with the adair tracks never did swim well. i will probably design a couple of quick install wheel paddles for swimming although i,m not in water much. the high frame design let's me go in deeper water before it even starts to float anyway. johnboy va.

awesome,thats what I need to know seeing as I would be on lake st clair in the winter.I bet sitting up high keeps the tub from bottoming out in the snow also.Makes me wonder if tracks would even be necessary.With your lift it seems that wheel extensions are not needed either.

yes, there is plenty of clearance. i kept the axles the same distance apart as they were. if you spaced them 28'' to 30'' apart you could run 3 26'' 0r 28'' tires on each side. that would set you up even higher ground clearance. if you do build it i will share what design finally worked the best. all the bugs are out now. j.b. yes there are no wheel extensions needed either.

see the highboy in video at busco oct. 2015 gathering. j.b. ( still performing great, just added 4'' of belting on the tracks for deep snow )

max highboy and the snow

got the new 21 h.p. vanguard and new drive clutch installed this afternoon. already have 6'' snow and will get maybe 24'' - 30'' . can't wait to see how it goes. took a short run and it feels like a new machine again. wiill get some pics over the weekend and everyone else having snow....... have fun !!!!! johnboy va.

I just watched the videos. That thing is truly impressive. Getting the tub above the mud makes all the difference. Good work.

how do I find the video?

thanks a.k. she plowed thru about 24'' of snow today with the adair tracks to which i added 2'' belts on each side of each track. that might be it. we have 36'' now. thats up to the top of the tub and it's powdery snow. i think i would need 24'' wide tracks !! i like the 21 hp vanguard. can feel the extra 5 hp and the new drive clutch is much smoother than the 15 yr. old. one. be a couple of days to plow out. johnboy va.

+ Reply to Thread