Tracks for 24" tires?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tracks for 24" tires?

Tracks for 24" tires?

I was wondering if they make Adair tracks that work with a 24" Argo tires on a max IV?

The problem will be with clearance. You will have to utilize a heat gun to reshape the lower body or use a similar method. If you prefer to not do that, 22" Argo tires will work with Adair tracks without modification on a Max4.

I understand heating it up and reshaping it but once I get the plastic hot what would I use to actually reshape it? And how would I be able to do it evenly??

You can use a curved board to shape the body once the plastic is heated. If your Max4 has a bump out on the side, you may have to adjust that as well or use wheel extensions to get the tracks out from the body.

Forum member K.G. Hills did different body reshaping technique by suspending his Max4 from ceiling beams and then welded in a support bar to retain the clearance.

+ Reply to Thread