Normal speed?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Normal speed?

Normal speed?

Guys I have a max iv with an 18hp b&s v-twin. My top speed is only 15-16mph. Is this normal? If not what should a look for as far as getting it to normal speed?

45 views and no replys? Come on guys I need some help.

speed

First thing I would look at is the drive belt. Make sure it's Not worn Thin. That will reduse your top speed and pulling power.
    Alot of guys on here are out rideing and at events so getting a responce around this time of year is sometimes slow !
    Make sure your drive and driven clutches are free and moveing also.
    Plus everything id Lubed and free !
    Hope this helps you some.
    Tj

Thanks for the reply. What would you say i should normally be running top speed?

What size tire you running ?
    The 22" will be slower thaan the 26" for sure.
    I don't have a Max 4 so I can't realy say for sure. But I just wanted to give you some things to look for.

kinda simple but also make sure throttle cable opening throttle all the way. john boy va.

Quote Originally Posted by john swenson View Post
    kinda simple but also make sure throttle cable opening throttle all the way. john boy va.
    Yeah check for full rpm. You should be getting about 3750 out of it. Too much more without the high speed kit will float a valve.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

I have 25" tires on it. How do I check my rpm?

You can purchase a tachometer to check your RPM. I would start with the belt like wedge mentioned though. Make sure that it has the proper tension. You can tighten it up by adding spacers under the engine. As for the top speed, it will probably be in the mid 20's, definitely more then you are getting.

I not sure how fast they are suppose to go, 16 mph may be about right. i think that is all mine would do. I think the factory says 20. the point is there not fast machines.
    Max IV
    Dodge Ram 2500 4x4
    swamp buggy powered by 1947 willys flathead

+ Reply to Thread