Max IV belt change tip

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Max IV belt change tip

Max IV belt change tip

After fighting with what should be an easy belt change on my 25 horse I came up with an idea maybe it can help some others. I slotted the engine stand so I could unbolt the clutch and loosen foot bolts on the engine then slide the engine off of the clutch allowing the clutch to drop down allowing more slack. Also welded some stop blocks to slide the engine back to starting position. Hope someone can benefit from this.
    Attached Images
    What it lacks in ground clearance it makes up for with traction.

Neat idea. I wonder if the slots might make for a weak mount, eventually allowing the bolts to pull though? No? (I have no idea) Thanks for sharing.
    Stand for the Flag. Kneel for the Cross.

Looks good ! It should be fine as the bolts are Captured in the plate and have a good pressure plate pattern to them. if you have any after thoughts you can add a bigger bolt plate. But your not working with horizontile force's here !
    Nice job !!

Thanks for the very useful idea tbone9. I might have to try this.

Upon taking my engine out to replace a few passenger side bearings, I was thinking , If the engineers would have added one more inch between the body and the bottom pulley the belt would enough room to lift out . But no! That would be too easy . I believe that engineers should have to work on some of the stuff they design and that they would engineer things simpler to repair if they were the ones doing the repair .

Thay don,t buld it for Maintance or repair ! Thay buld it to Sell ! The rest is up to you. Put all you can in a Small package and sell for a good dollar thats the amarican way ! Just look at a new car !!!
    Oe even better Try and work on one !!! LMFAO !!!! Gave it up for Big trucks at least I can See what I need to fix.

I hear ya. That's why I'm glad Mudd Ox bought out max. All these little changes that should've been made years ago are finally getting done. As long as we're on the belt subject another thing I did was replace the fine mesh screen in the engine shroud with some expanded aluminum. It's a more open pattern and really lets the heat out and keeps the belt from squealing. That air cooled kohler can can finally breath.
    Attached Images

That looks Good ! I like the Top Luvers thay make it look cool and get the heat out and away from the inside !
    Matts good people maybe some of these ideas will make there way into the new machines !?!?!

Last edited by Model Citizen; 07-12-2016 at 06:38 PM.

Thanks Wedge. Model Citezen I guess it's really not my place to discuss someone else's business. I hear about all the improvements but can't elaborate since I don't have a new machine myself. Hopefully someday.

+ Reply to Thread