Max IV sprockets...

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Max IV sprockets...

Max IV sprockets...

Can someone help me identify? Sorry I don't have pics. I need to replace the sprockets between the t20 output and the rear axle (drive) sprocket. Is this an idler or adjuster? Anyone know off the top whats the tooth count or size? thanks...

Thanks Mike...that's what I was looking for. I read somewhere on here that the adjuster sprockets are all the same size on the machine, do you know if that's true? seems logical...

All 6 are the same on the max4,buffalo truck runs 2 special ones. I purchase the ones from agri supply 17 tooth 1/2"
    bore. These are a hardened tooth sprocket with replaceable bearing. The max used a rivited type with fixed bearings before the solid models of about 2000 model year. The G&G manufactured ones use a proprietary bearing that is a different OD than the standard bearings. Part # 30503 Agri Supply
    Last edited by msafi65; 07-27-2015 at 11:36 AM.

I was thinking of getting rid of the sprocket all together and replacing them with uhmd round stock roller style like the hustlers used. I've got the materials laying around to make a few. It seems as the rear tensioners have been known to have some issues like coming off the bearings, failing, and even hitting the t20 sprockets if not adjusted properly.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Quote Originally Posted by amphibious drew View Post
    I was thinking of getting rid of the sprocket all together and replacing them with uhmd round stock roller style like the hustlers used.
    This is what I did when I built the Swamp Fox. They've held up great and I love how it eliminates any potential alignment or bearing problems. Here's a picture of what it looked like when I was putting it together.

I ordered two #30503 idler sprockets today. Thanks for the info , Mark.
    Stand for the Flag. Kneel for the Cross.

The two idler sprockets came in today. Thesr look very good. The bearings are tight, no play. I'm very pleased with them. We will be installing them in our Max later this evening.
    Stand for the Flag. Kneel for the Cross.

+ Reply to Thread