foating chain tensioners

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: foating chain tensioners

foating chain tensioners

hey friends, i didn't like the idler sprockets on the drive chains on my max 2 subframe build. i decided to try the '' snap idle '' floating tensioners. very easy install and really work well. the uhmv blocks are heavy duty and the stainless hardware is also. i saw on the site someone tried them a few years ago with no luck. maybe they redesigned them. of course my # 60 chains are outside the tub, so i had plenty of room for installing. they may work on some machines in the tub. also they give more chain wrap around the sprockets. the chain needs to have slack in it so the tensioner rides rite in the middle which gives a '' hourglass '' shape to the chain. also for my application they knock all the mud and grime off the chain. hope this may help someone. john boy va.

b
    Last edited by Deedeelin1; 06-23-2017 at 04:39 PM.

I've used snap idles for years on vehicles and other equipment. They thump in a tub at times. I've seen them run for years on equipment and have never seen one worn out. It will be interesting to see how they hold up in the mud and sand.

There's a sawmill down the road that uses them, the manager told me the machine they are on works 24/7/365 and they have only used one adjuster per year. Prior to that they had constant down time with their machinery due to chain stretch.

thanks guys, that sounds encouraging . i just couldn't get the idler sprockets to work as well. i don't think mud will wear them much and i'm only in sand at busco. the engineer at snap idle said they can be mounted fixed. maybe in a tub the bottom one could be stationary so it's not banging the tub. the blocks are probably about 3/4 '' thick. john boy va.

you got a picture John

loco, i didn't take a picture, but look up snap idle floating tensioners on the web. there is also a video of them being used on different machines. will take a picture of my max with them and post soon. john boy va.

+ Reply to Thread