Engine upgrade

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Engine upgrade

Engine upgrade

Hey guys, I'm getting ready to re-power one of my Max II's, and I've been seeing on here that several guys have gone with the Kohler 27 Horse. Been on-line looking for one, and most of them have the 1 1/8" shaft. Does anyone know if either Comet or TEAM make a clutch that'll match up; and which one is the better choice? THANKS

Hi I have a Max II and was thinking about upgrade to a larger motor at present it has a 16HP Vanguard Briggs. A friend of mine suggested and 23 HP Briggs Vanguard. He said it maybe an easy swap. Let me know what you think about that. Thanks have a great day.

Last edited by whipper-ag; 07-12-2016 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gene Boyd View Post
    Hi I have a Max II and was thinking about upgrade to a larger motor at present it has a 16HP Vanguard Briggs. A friend of mine suggested and 23 HP Briggs Vanguard. He said it maybe an easy swap. Let me know what you think about that. Thanks have a great day.
    Would need to modify the exhaust or install the 21/23hp muffler but other than keeping the same PTO dia it'll drop right in.

OK- well, that helps Gene; but getting back to the original question, does anyone know if they make a clutch for the 1 1/8" shaft?

Yes, don't think You would have the room for a Team. I don't have a link for a Comet 780, somebody here will have it but there out there

GREAT!!! Thanks Joe and Nubs. I was reading on here the other day that the TEAM was the better clutch, but I guess I'll see about the comet. Not TOO worried about the room. I'm thinking along the lines of "Go big or go home." Already ordered my 26" tires (I know- they won't fit a Max II) but like I said, going Super-sized. Wish me luck!!! Thanks again!!

+ Reply to Thread