Custom engine mount?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Custom engine mount?

Custom engine mount?

Does anyone have, have pictures of, or have plans for a custom engine mount for a 94 max IV? The rear leg on the engine side has broken for the third time. Any ideas are appreciated.

Does it keep breaking in the exact same place? How are you fixing it each time? Do you have rubber isolators under the legs or are they mounted direct to the frame?

I haven't heard of this being a major problem on a Max IV. You could always brace the legs with some form of gusset near the top of the leg.

Not in the exact same place but close. The first time both legs on the engine side were broken. I welded them myself. The second time the rear one broke so I had a professional weld it. This time it is the rear again. It is not broken at the weld but close. It broke up where the leg comes out of the bottom of the tray. I do have rubber isolators between the stand and the frame.

I was thinking of bending up some tube and making my own. Wanted to see if anyone else had made one. I should probably just get a new one and forget about it...

metal fatigue, buy a new one or build a new one, use orig. deminsions

+ Reply to Thread