MAX II 16HP throttle linkage

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: MAX II 16HP throttle linkage

MAX II 16HP throttle linkage

I just bought a used 2000 Max II. On the maiden voyage, something broke in the throttle linkage and I may have lost a spring or two as well.
    Now, when I squeeze the throttle, I feel no resistance and the engine continues to idle. When I took a look, I saw the end of the throttle cable, but it was no longer attached to the throttle bracket. The problem is that I don't know what it should look like since i never looked at it before this occurred. I suspect I am missing part of the control bracket (where the cable attaches) and maybe more.
    Could someone post a picture of a connected and working throttle bracket for a 16 HP Vanguard? That should be enough to get me started. Oh.. One more thing. I don't know if this matters, but I have a heated throttle cable.
    Thanks!

you can zoom in on the pic. hope this helps

12066 THROTTLE CABLE 61" BRIGGS / KOHLER (ALUM T-BLOCK) - MAX II

Thanks Jeffery9076. Based on that picture, my cable assembly is fine.

The issue I have is how it attaches to the bracket on the engine. In other words, I'm looking for a photo that shows what/how the cable attaches to the bracket, as well as any springs that might be involved (like for throttle return).

Check out this thread: http://www.6x6world.com/forums/engin...le-linage.html It has some links to photos and a video that should help out.

You might wanna take a pic of your engine. 16 horsepower what kind of engine. I have attex but lots of max 2 owners will be on and help you out. just be patient. see mike beat me to it

+ Reply to Thread