Max II Project

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Max II Project

Went and ordered new bearings. I was quoted $137 for 1 inner, 1 outer, and 1 new flange. Is that a fair price for them? Maybe I'm just cheap, but that seems a little high for two bearings and a flange.

sounds high, was it buffalo bearings co . ? that's who many folks use. j.b.

I get mine from " thebigbearingstore.com".

Quote Originally Posted by garrett1308 View Post
    Went and ordered new bearings. I was quoted $137 for 1 inner, 1 outer, and 1 new flange. Is that a fair price for them? Maybe I'm just cheap, but that seems a little high for two bearings and a flange.
    That's ridiculous! Call Buffalo Bearing and tell them you're with 6X6World and they'll take good care of you. (716) 874-1720. They'll probably charge you in the $40 range for all those parts. Whoever quoted you $137 is trying to scam you big time!
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Finally got the bearings in, thanks for the different links guys, much appreciated. I put it together this weekend. Started up nice and easy with the pull rope (starter clicks but doesn't turn over, Ill be rebuilding it soon). Didn't take it for a drive though; the new outer bearing doesn't seem like it's seated correctly between the two flanges, and has the axle pointed up. Any idea on what to do about it? The flanges are new, and so is the bearing.

No problems other than that though, this coming weekend I'm going to put a bilge pump in, and different drain plugs; I don't much trust the pop in plugs that the machine came with.

Frame rail bent?

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

also check the inner bearing on that axle. if you lost a bolt on it , it may have '' flipped '' allittle. j.b.

The axle that's angled up is the one whose bearings and flanges I just replaced. Ill be taking it all apart this weekend to see if I might have messed something up when I put it together. There's play between the outer bearing and the new flanges though, which is probably why its pointed up. the bolts are tight, and the bearings and flanges are brand new, haven't even taken them out for a drive yet.

Did they mistakenly send you a 206 62mm bearing instead of a 207 72mm bearing?, never mind me, you'd have seen that.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Friday afternoon I'll tear it down and check the frame and the bearing and flange sizes.

+ Reply to Thread