2003 Max IV resurection

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 2003 Max IV resurection

You built up a nice machine A+
    ST400R ATTEX(Smiley)
    500 Super Chief

I love the smell of Blendzall in the morning

Quote Originally Posted by Andyman View Post
    You built up a nice machine A+
    Thank you for the compliment, but I only put it back together

Nice build. That thing swims really fast

Well I managed to get my tracks installed, but they are too tight with the 22" tires that came with them. I guess that explains why the tracks appear to be brand new and unused lol. I just ordered 6 new AT-101s and took a beating on the current exchange rate but it still ended up saving a few hundred dolars buying from south of the border. Luckily we've had pretty much no snow up to this point, I hope the tires are here soon

Anyway, here are pics of her with the tracks on. Just because everyone like pics

Thanks for the movie in the water. I really appreciate that. i hope Liam catches the first fish.

What brand are those tracks?

Quote Originally Posted by trevorakm1 View Post
    They look like late model factory Recreatives Max tracks.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Quote Originally Posted by philipatmaxfour View Post
    Thanks for the movie in the water. I really appreciate that. i hope Liam catches the first fish.
    No thank you Warren, if you hadn't have responded to my want to buy ad, we would not be having this much fun right now. Liam loves his "Argos" lol... if it has more than 4 tyres it's an Argo to him haha.

Quote Originally Posted by trevorakm1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jpswift1 View Post
    They look like late model factory Recreatives Max tracks.
    JP got it right. They are factory rubber tracks. They are modified Camoplast skidoo tracks with very nice cast aluminum track guides riveted on. My only gripe is they are continuous loop, there is no joint which makes installing them very difficult. There is a better picture of the tracks on the first page in post 4 of this thread.

These particular tracks came out of a bankrupt gold exploration outfit in Papua New Guinea, I picked the tracks and 6 tires with rims up for $1,000 and it only cost me $75 in shipping lol. It was too good of a deal to pass up even though they would not fit the Argo Vanguard I had. I bought the tracks with plans on modifying them to work on my Argo. Before I got started on that project I decided to try and find a used max IV for sale, Philipmax responded to my ad and here we are today

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian_Zuk View Post
    No thank you Warren, if you hadn't have responded to my want to buy ad, we would not be having this much fun right now. Liam loves his "Argos" lol... if it has more than 4 tyres it's an Argo to him haha.

JP got it right. They are factory rubber tracks. They are modified Camoplast skidoo tracks with very nice cast aluminum track guides riveted on. My only gripe is they are continuous loop, there is no joint which makes installing them very difficult. There is a better picture of the tracks on the first page in post 4 of this thread.

These particular tracks came out of a bankrupt gold exploration outfit in Papua New Guinea, I picked the tracks and 6 tires with rims up for $1,000 and it only cost me $75 in shipping lol. It was too good of a deal to pass up even though they would not fit the Argo Vanguard I had. I bought the tracks with plans on modifying them to work on my Argo. Before I got started on that project I decided to try and find a used max IV for sale, Philipmax responded to my ad and here we are today

That's a great deal on those tires and tracks! Wow! And that's a cool story behind them too. Camoplast made the tracks for Recreatives and I must say, they work very well. MaxIVMark had them on his Max IV and that thing will go pretty much anywhere you point it.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

New tires arrived today and I got my tracks on finally

+ Reply to Thread