Speedometer

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Speedometer

Speedometer

Has anyone installed a speedometer on their Max? Is so how did you do it.
    Thanks
    Larry

The only thing I've seen people use is the standard car GPS like a garmin. Plug it into the cigarette lighter and mount it where desired. Many Garmins have the ability to record your trips/trails as well. That becomes helpful when you are kind of lost in the woods at night with a few beverages in you.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

The after market ones (similar to Argo ) would work. Requires a magnet mounted on one axle for the sensor to read. Then program for distance traveled in one revolution. I've looked into them but never found one that had hour meter ect that I wanted. Mostly motorcycle add on are what I looked into.

"That becomes helpful when you are kind of lost in the woods at night with a few beverages in you." Wow! Thought I wuz the only person in the 6x6 world that did this.

I have a tiny taxh for the engine and a Garmin 360 which I use between my car, snowmobile and 6 wheeler. I installed a cigarette socket for power. I am looking for a stand alone speedometer. I will have to look into the one mentioned above that is like the Argo ones. Thanks all for the response. This will have to be a late spring project as I am getting ready to go across the pond for a while.
    Larry

+ Reply to Thread