stuck in foward gear

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: stuck in foward gear

stuck in foward gear

I am stuck in forward gear in my max 4. don't want to force it. what am I looking for .

thanks

John
    Max IV
    Dodge Ram 2500 4x4
    swamp buggy powered by 1947 willys flathead

Start by cleaning the shift pin area and then spraying some lube down there. Then remove the linkage and see if it will shift one side at a time by hand. If one side will and the other won't, pull the diamond out of the side that won't and see if the pin has worn a flat spot. Also see if you can shift it with a screwdriver. If the detent spring broke, it could get caught up in there.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Quote Originally Posted by amphibious drew View Post
    Start by cleaning the shift pin area and then spraying some lube down there. Then remove the linkage and see if it will shift one side at a time by hand. If one side will and the other won't, pull the diamond out of the side that won't and see if the pin has worn a flat spot. Also see if you can shift it with a screwdriver. If the detent spring broke, it could get caught up in there.
    Thanks I hope I don't have to pull the motor off. not much room under there.
    Max IV
    Dodge Ram 2500 4x4

I've done all this with the motor in and it's a pia. Taking the rear seat out does allow for easier access without pulling the motor.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Quote Originally Posted by amphibious drew View Post
    I've done all this with the motor in and it's a pia. Taking the rear seat out does allow for easier access without pulling the motor.
    Thanks, I pulled the motor so I could see what was going on, but one side was dry. I greased it with some stp and oil. it works better than ever now. I also cut some of the motor stand plate out of the way so I could reach it eaier if there is a problem in the future or in the woods. I also tighted up back chains. thanks again for the reply.
    Max IV
    Dodge Ram 2500 4x4

+ Reply to Thread