parts diagrams for max iv

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: parts diagrams for max iv

parts diagrams for max iv

hellow everyone. I finally called the manufacturer and gave them my body id numbers and the max IV I have is a 1990. so iam looking for a parts diagram to get inner and outer wheel bearing numbers as well as new flanges. I had been on the site earlier and was complaining a bit about the noise this machine makes and motor issues. well today I took the only tire off of it that wont stay up with 3.5 lbs of air. when I took it off this is the first chance I got to grab onto the axel shaft and it has a lot of play in it and its noisy so I believe I will be changing inners and outer all the way around. iam still looking for a good used motor for this if anyone has one. I have a lead on one for it I may travel there tomorrow.
    thanks any help is greatly appreciated. I have been to the manufacturers website but the listing on bearing confused me a bit. I want to get the right ones the first time.

thanks
    jim

Many parts diagrams and manuals are on our home page in the literature section here: Max 6x6 Manuals

Also, if you will use the search in this Max forum, many members have listed the part numbers for the bearings you are looking for. I believe your Max will take the smaller 62mm outer bearings. Here is a good post to help you out: http://www.6x6world.com/forums/max-a...tml#post142987

Also check out our bearing replacement video on the home page in the how-to section. It's for a Max II but the process will be very similar for your Max IV.

I find so many vehicles of your age that have been upgraded by previous owners that when ordering bearings I tear down to inspect axles and sprockets. Your vehicle originally had bolt through gear tubes and all bearings were HC 206-20-R3. I find a lot of vehicles upgraded to 72 mm outer bearings which are larger than yours. By measuring the locking rings the bearing size is easy to identify. 62 mm locking rings measure about 1 3/4" 72mm measure about 2 3/16" dia. Hope this helps

thanks mike. small world met jeff yesterday for the 1st time hunting down parts for this animal. I really do have a lot to talk about. right now I pulled my motor and tranny and iam trying to extract a broken easyout in my t20 shaft. the clutch bolt broke off in there and I tried to drill it and extract it but that did not go well. I worked on it today a couple of hours . I got more of it out. but iam going to buy a cobalt drillbit and try to drill the easy out. right now iam at a standstill and don't want to hurt that tranny. I have so much to learn that's why while I have it out I would like to do any clutch spring and slide shoe upgrades. which I don't know if there are any on this. so iam trying to get all the info I can.
    thankyou mike.

The clutch bolt should have had red locktite on it that releases with heat. The shaft is extreamly hard. Worse case is t20 has to come apart and have extractor EDMd to save shaft. I have to take expensive parts to aircraft place that is expert at removing broken bolts.

i brought work today so i hope i can find someone in hornell ny to take a swing at it before i do. iam deep enough in it that i can rethread it now but i want that easy out gone and old bolt.

found a machine shop that's going to take a swing at removing that easy out from the t20 shaft. fingers are crossed. does anyone know about spring upgrades on the secondary clutch why its out.

thanks
    jim

+ Reply to Thread