anyone know wha year this is

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: anyone know wha year this is

anyone know wha year this is

First off I know its in terrible shape....But im hoping someone can tell its year by the photos.
    Thank you for your help
    Attached Images

Yes, it's an ABS body with a single cylinder JLO engine so it's probably about a 1970-1971 or so. Is there a tag on the inside driver's side of the upper body almost right next to the seat? If so, there's a serial number.........post it up and we can tell you. This machine has been for sale on Craigslist for a while. If you're looking for a project to rebuild, I'd certainly pass on this one and find something in better shape.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Thanks for the info....thanks alot
    have you looked at it already?

I know the motor is locked up....not at all a big deal for me...I have my own mill, and can bore the cylinder , and even the block if I have to....done it about 20 times.
    yes the body that is there is in rough shape, but again ive done that type of work before, so that part is not a big deal
    reason im interested in it is im looking for a machine that I can build a utility body for it, and use for things like trail maintenance, stiff like that....the missing motor cover would be made out of aluminum, custom to both the machine, and my needs for trail maintenance...I have literally a full fab shop in my barn, so really non of this work will be all that difficult.

all I really need is good bones to start with.

What I don`t want is to get into a machine that I can no longer buy things like sprockets, bearings, stuff like that

Considering what I need to fit my needs... a POS machine with good bones is exactly what I need

I'm all in when it comes to watching other people restore machines that would otherwise be scrapped but at the same time, I think that you would be much better off buying something newer. You will end up having to replace everything. Even the frame will probably need to be reinforced. After you upgrade everything, even doing the machine work youself, you will probably have a couple thousand dollars in this. You could buy something much newer with solid axles, inner bearings, good wheels and tires, etc for that amount and still rework it. At the end of the day you would have a similar investment but a much nicer machine. Again, I'm all for seeing people bring machines like this back but just know what you are getting into.

I get what you guys are saying.....it just kills me to cut a good body apart, plus I figure no matter what I get I would need to beef up the frame......but yep....probably would be money ahead by passing on it

Excellent advice... a project is a project,but know when to say when..... You will be money ahead and more satisfied with something newer and nicer..

Took your advise ........Thanks,
    I decided to go in a completely different direction, and bought a Gator.

Thanks again to all

I hate that you didn't get an amphibious ATV but I think you made a good choice. Good luck with the Gator. Even though you didn't get an AATV, that doesn't mean that you can't hang around so, don't be a stranger.

Yes, good choice not buying this thing, but there are some really good deals that pop up on running and driving amphibious ATVs. The Gator is OK for driving around the yard or job site, but it doesn't come close to having the capability that a good running Max, Attex, Hustler, Swamp Fox, etc 6 wheeler.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

+ Reply to Thread