Tracks on a max ii 2001 advise please

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tracks on a max ii 2001 advise please

Tracks on a max ii 2001 advise please

Hi Guys
    I have a 2001 Max II, looking at getting tracks for it, do they fit straight on? Or what parts do you need? Any one know a good price for them and would ship to UK?
    Richie

It depends what type of tracks you are looking for. The Adair tracks will fit on a Max2 without much ado, if you have 21" tires, and body sag isn't bad. You will need some extensions as well, and hope your axles are solid. Adair sells some offset wheels too and if you get those won't need the extensions. Last time I looked they were about $2500 plus shipping for the track system and wheels.

The Max2 factory track system with rubber tracks, 5" extensions, and side plates, is pretty straight forward too, but expensive. Plenty of folks own these and there no doubt will be some out there for sale, but they are big and heavy and shipping would be expensive to the U.K.

Thanks for fast reply, I have 22x11.00-8NHS RAWHIDE III tyres fitted all round like new.I see Richards Relics Route 6x6?sells tracks. Will the outer bearing take more stick? I have solid Axles.
    Richie

Quote Originally Posted by wiggy View Post
    Thanks for fast reply, I have 22x11.00-8NHS RAWHIDE III tyres fitted all round like new.I see Richards Relics Route 6x6?sells tracks. Will the outer bearing take more stick? I have solid Axles.
    Richie
    Richards Relics only sells the plastic segment tracks, they are OK for snow cruising but that's about it. They are useless on ice, rocks, roots, aspault, loading ramps, etc. I compare them to driving a car with cookie sheets under the tires. I had them on my Argo and they really, really suck.

I have factory rubber tracks and like them, but if I was in the position to be buying new I would be looking at Adair or Escargo tracks. They give up a little floatation in the snow, but make up for that in other areas. The open crosser design allows the tracks to shed mud, they are lighter, provide a slight gear reduction and are not subject to chain windup.

Thanks
    Wow thought they would of been ok, glad I found out, thanks.
    Richie

hey wiggy, i have the adair max2 tracks and when i bought them i got the offset aluminum rims and the 21'' kenda tires adair sells on the rims. i paid $ 3000 for the whole setup. the adairs are awesome in mud and good in snow up to about 12''. with my subframe design i went to 22'' tires . with the offset rims and 21'' tires no exstensions are needed and tracks hitting tub was very rare. one great feature about them is how quick and easy they are to install and remove. ( i'm talking about the cleat type tracks, not their rubber ones ). they send extra connector links for sizing the tracks just right. they are smooth on hard ground also. unless you want to go in 2-4 ft. snow i don't think you can go wrong with them. nothing to wear out either. if you ever broke a cleat they are about $ 10 to replace. if you have'nt looked, see mine performing on the busco beach oct. 2015 video. good luck.....johnboy va.

Wiggy see parts for sale just posted track package like new good deal at $1100

+ Reply to Thread