Trouble removing eccentric collars on bearings

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Trouble removing eccentric collars on bearings

I had same problem on front of mine, it was a pig to get out, I am not looking forward to my other 5 to do this summer!!

I've removed many from old project and parts machines. If proper procedures don't work well, I unbolt the flanges to give me some room to work, and then get out the cut off wheel. A well placed cut on opposite sides of the collar and a good hit with a hammer and chisel will always get them off. Typically, if the collar is that bad, you need to smash the outer race of the bearing with a hammer and use the cutoff wheel on the inner race as well.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

+ Reply to Thread