96 max 2 charging then amp meter stops working batt goes dead in 20 min..HELP

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 96 max 2 charging then amp meter stops working batt goes dead in 20 min..HELP

96 max 2 charging then amp meter stops working batt goes dead in 20 min..HELP

I have been having charging issues with my 96' Maxx II, I will go out for a ride 20 minutes or so and all of a sudden the amp meter stops working and if my headlights are on my battery is dead within a half hour or sooner. I do have a 6 bulb LED lightbar wired into my headlight wiring. Has anyone else had this problem and any help would be appreciated.

Would also be interested in replies to this - I am thinking of wiring in some extra LEDs.
    (Where did you put the light bar jamesg? I have got 2 x 18W square for the headlights, and 2 x 18W strip to go on the roll cage.)

Not very clued up, but sounds like you need to do some electrical troubleshooting with a multimeter to find out what component is broken.
    When I had a John Deere Gator, there was step-by-step troubleshooting guides in the manual, easy for anyone to do, then just replace the component that it shows as not working. Not sure if Recreatives have this.

Would also be interested in replies to this - I am thinking of wiring in some extra LEDs.
    (Where did you put the light bar jamesg? I have got 2 x 18W square for the headlights, and 2 x 18W strip to go on the roll cage.)

Not very clued up, but sounds like you need to do some electrical troubleshooting with a multimeter to find out what component is broken.
    When I had a John Deere Gator, there was step-by-step troubleshooting guides in the manual, easy for anyone to do, then just replace the component that it shows as not working. Not sure if Recreatives have this.

Have a look on one of my old posts, I had same problem with my red one,mine was alose connection one the engine, once replugged in it was fine, does come lose again after ridding hard.
    P.s you will get a reply these guys are great, helped me plenty of times.
    Richie

This age of max I would look at the inline fuse near the starter solonid. They get corroded or melt and the charging system fails. I remove the glass fuse holder and splice in a marine holder with blade type fuse.

+ Reply to Thread