Body Band coming along..

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Body Band coming along..

SE Texas Just between the piney woods and the Gulf of Mexico

Body Band coming along..

Been doing a little Cajuneering here since duck season has ended.
    I'm going to add tow loops front and rear and then a winch mount up front as well.

Next will be a frame for a top....not necessarily a roll cage, I just need something to mount a top to for the summer.
    A full cage and top would stand out way to much in the marsh I hunt.
    Attached Images

Looking good.
    Stand for the Flag. Kneel for the Cross.

Shoot dang !! that's nice work.

What was there before, I am not familiar with those machines?
    ST400R ATTEX(Smiley)
    500 Super Chief

I love the smell of Blendzall in the morning

Lookin good, the angles are a bit tough to get right. A hint from someone that has done this. Drill mount holes close to body so edge of top and tub are out of the way. I built one and drilled the center of the angle and it came out off the body. Had to weld up holes and redrill.

Quote Originally Posted by msafi65 View Post
    Lookin good, the angles are a bit tough to get right. A hint from someone that has done this. Drill mount holes close to body so edge of top and tub are out of the way. I built one and drilled the center of the angle and it came out off the body. Had to weld up holes and redrill.
    Hey Mark,
    Will you not share holes of the body to tub bolts? I'm getting ready to do this. Very nice job txpirogue!

SE Texas Just between the piney woods and the Gulf of Mexico
    The sides of the upper tube were flaired out a bit so I heated them with a heat gun and strapped a 2x4 to both sides in an attempt to re shape them.

It worked to a point but I was not able to get the angle as tight to the body as I would have liked.

I was planning on using the factory holes but I wouldn't be able to get it the way I want it. So my plan is to put factory bolts back in and then go back and use 3/8 bolts with washers top and bottom 5 down each side and 3 front and back.....this would put them in between the factory holes.

Factory roll cage ect just bolt on. I don't remove body bolts.

I've made a bumper call me 412 537 1729 james

+ Reply to Thread