Bilge Pump

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Bilge Pump

I've got a Max IV I use only for fishing. It's got the cheap Atwood pump and works just fine. I have spent the better part of the day in the water. When all the bearings are new I don't pump out hardly at all. Right now I know it needs bearings and I'm pumping out every 20 minutes. With a trolling motor on front it's a really handy boat and more comfortable to fish out of than a small boat as well.
    What it lacks in ground clearance it makes up for with traction.

So you can shut the engine off and just sit? Starts back up fine? No water in exhaust causing problems?
    That is so awesome to hear man. You really made my day, I'm going to pick up a new fuel pump today and order some new bearings. I got new plugs on the way and chains. Then I get to go for a test drive and if all is good new tires so I can go float in. Lol

Yep that's right. We've even used it for a swimming raft. My daughter would also jump out in motion and hang on to the hitch as I trucked across the lake. She called it the red neck jacuzzi lol.
    What it lacks in ground clearance it makes up for with traction.

That is awesome. I really can't wait man. ;D

If your seals and bearings are in good shape, you shouldn't be taking on any water. I can fish for a couple of hours without a drop. Now, splashing in water from acting like an idiot while I'm riding is a different story.

I got brackets made and I'm installing one on the front left, one on the back right. The lil Walmart pump seems to BARELY fit next to the chain, it's tight but perfect.
    I'm just a strong believer in failed appiances, hence having a back up. Also got my new bearings in.

Hey guys, just found this thread and it answers a lot of questions. I am in the process of refurbishing this 1996 MAX II, and I have been reluctant to put it into water until I did get a bilge pump. That being said, I like the idea of the "Z" mounts. Placing the pick up at a low point and the pump out of the way of the chain makes tons of sense.

As I have not addressed the bearings, I am glad that I read this as well. Who knows when they were last checked/changed. I suspect that they maybe okay, as when I did a tub wash a few months ago, I did not notice any "leaks" from the bearings areas. That is, during the hot dry spell, I partially filled the tub with hot water to get debris to float up and away from around the frame. That worked well, along with compressed air, to get years of accumulation of sticks/leaves out. Once that was pretty clean, I pulled the drain plugs and let years of grit and grime flow out into buckets. My next move is to use a pressure washer, but for now, may leave well enough alone.

Once again, KUDOS to this site, and the folks who contribute.

I got my Atwood bilge pump but havn't installed it yet. Wondering which end on the Max IV is the the most heavy. I've seen where it looks like the front was down a little more than the rear, with the operator in the front seat. Maybe it doesn't matter which end it goes as long as it's in a low place. Hmmm, sounds like me! Anyway how did you guys to it? Hey, my Avatar thing woks!

+ Reply to Thread