Replacing drive belt?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Replacing drive belt?

Drive belt size - confirmation needed

Hello All,

Just a quick one - can someone confirm the dimensions of the drive belt are 44 7/8 long and 1 3/16 wide?

Just about to order a replacement...
    Thanks
    Last edited by Mike; 05-04-2016 at 08:20 PM. Reason: merged two threads on the same topic

I would need vehicle model , engine size and type on max newer than 2009 clutch manufacturer.

Model is a Max II, 16hp B+S, 2001

]Okay, I have a 1996 MAX II with B&S 14hp Vanguard V-Twin....and the installed belt is a Recreative Industries Dayco 15252AA belt....I had an issue with power and the fellow I spoke with told me the belt width might be an issue....he said it should measure 1 3/6" wide....my current belt measures just a hair over 1 2/16"....So I ordered belts from two sources and got a Carlisle 15252AA and a Dayco HP 3003. Specs for both say that they should measure 1 3/16" by 44 7/8"....but when I measured both, they too were just a hair over 1 2/16" wide, and while I cannot measure length, they both appear to be same size....I went back to the guy in the know, and he stated that while the belts are supposed to measure 1 3/16" wide, recently all new belts are coming in undersize....I would replace my belt with a new one, but wonder what the purpose would be if new belts measure the same as the currently installed belt????

+ Reply to Thread