Max IV frame repair

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Max IV frame repair

djgeiman Guest

Max IV frame repair

After welding in the frame repair kit how are you going to get the the T 20 back in ? Mine has studs if I weld in the frame plates in without slotted holes there is not enough room to get it back in. I tried to remove the studs from the T 20 but they won't budge.
    THANKS for any help,
    Dave G.

Odd, if you cannot remove the studs, your only option would be to slot the brackets. Have you tried double nutting the studs and then putting the wrench on the inner nut? I would also try heating the the stud first before giving up if you haven't, someone may have put the studs in with red loc-tite and a bit of heat would loosen it up if so.

Usually have to heat the case with the studs double nuted to remove. Dosent take a lot of heat , propane torch is usually enough. Run a tap in the threaded hole after removing to clean up. Transmission goes back in with bolts and locking plates on the bottom of the case.

OK GREAT THANKS! I will try heating the studs
    Dave G.

Quote Originally Posted by dgeiman View Post
    OK GREAT THANKS! I will try heating the studs
    Dave G.
    Put the heat to the T-20 case itself where the studs are located.

One other note : Retap the threadid holes AFTER the case COOLS !
    Take your time and all works out .

+ Reply to Thread