Max IV brakes

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Max IV brakes

Max IV brakes

Can anyone tell me if there is a good picture on site of the max IV brake pedal assembly or they may have taken one ? My machine did not have one when I bought it and I would like to fabricate the parts for it.
    THANKS, Dave G.

Limbsmith fabricated a pedal assembly and found the bands pretty cheap. I don't have any pics but he did.

Here's a picture from his gallery showing his brake setup.

Here's a picture of a stock brake set up. Only mod is a shortened pedal so it wouldn't keep hitting my leg when out fishing.
    Attached Images
    What it lacks in ground clearance it makes up for with traction.

GREAT! The pics really help.
    THANKS, Dave G

Sorry sir havent visited in a while. Used iron pipe, straps from home depot and brake bands from Northern tool. Like everyone warned, they pretty much sucked! Be glad to send more detailed picks if need though. I insisted on building them! Still interested in hydraulic system at some point just because it gives me the willys to shift gears on even a slight incline.

Going to work on them tomorrow I just got all the axles and sprockets put in today If I need more pics I will PM you.
    THANKS, Dave G.

+ Reply to Thread