Max II bearings and flanges

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Max II bearings and flanges

Yeah I was just curious because those seem like the way to go. For this application (if they were triple sealed) would be bulletproof.

***UPDATE***

Just got my bearings and flanges from buffalo bearings, $17.50 a bearing.
    For the price, they did a damn good job machining these things. I measured the bored and they all came to the same measurement within .0003 ten thousands.

Only issue, there is a small ball on the outside diameter of the bearing that I believe is for locking the outer race into the flange. My flanges don't have a place for this ball, is it just supposed to dent into the flange or do I have the wrong flanges?

Pull the pin

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit929 View Post
    Just got my bearings and flanges from buffalo bearings, $17.50 a bearing.
    For the price, they did a damn good job machining these things. I measured the bored and they all came to the same measurement within .0003 ten thousands.

Only issue, there is a small ball on the outside diameter of the bearing that I believe is for locking the outer race into the flange. My flanges don't have a place for this ball, is it just supposed to dent into the flange or do I have the wrong flanges?
    The small ball needs to be pulled out. I use a small fine tip cutter to grab the ball and pull it out. Sometimes it won't pull so I cut it down as close as I can get it and then grind it off with sandpaper. no worries.

Alright thank you. I wasn't sure.

+ Reply to Thread