Max II bearings and flanges

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Max II bearings and flanges

Max II bearings and flanges

Found out 2 of my zerks are broke off, 1 bearing pushes all the grease out the collar, 2 push all the grease out the outer flange.

Long story short, new bearings.

I have Non-splined axles, and it looks like a type of bushings on the inside.

What do I all need to replace the bearings, inner flanges, and bushings? If I got it apart I'd like to go all the way.
    Most likely be ordering from buffalo bearings. R3 type. 3 bolt.

Tool wise, you'll need a basic socket set, allen wrenches, a wrench set, and a hammer and chisel. Oxytorch, grinder and a hydraulic press are optional for stuck sprockets, bearings and eccentrics. To ease the process of replacing bearings the next time around, a little anti-seize is a fantastic idea.

For new hardware, depending on the year of your machine, you'll probably want and need 6 new zerk-less flanges, 6 new zerk-ed flanges, and 6 new 1.25" ID 207 bearings. That will cover your outer bearing setup. For the inners, you'll want 6 new inner bushings or pillow block bearing depending on the year of your machine. Mine is a 2003 max 2, and it uses 6 pillow block bearings ( cant remember the footprint dimension off the top of my head), 1.25" ID, 206 bearings. Yours may be different depending on the year. Make sure to check your parts over to make sure you get the right stuff.
    Meep Meep

Thanks! Would it be possible/necessary to convert to inner bearings and eliminate the bushings?

Rabbit your machine probably does not have 207 bearings but 206 bearings. You may be able to install the cast iron inners if there is enough room but don't order 6 of them on my account, you would have to try one on each axle for frame fitment.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

What is the difference between 206 and 207? Are we going by axle shaft size?

206 is a 62mm bearing and 207 is a 72mm bearing. That is the outer ring size.

So they are not interchangeable? Is one not better than the other? Because if I get te flanges and the bearing all the same size, they should fit right?

The hole in the frame is smaller

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

alright ill have some 206's coming on monday from buffalo bearings. i wonder if there isnt a reason we dont put those big heavy bearings with the thick pillow block on these instead of these split flange units.

The bolt pattern on the cast pillow block is too wide for the frame and they're not triple sealed. I wish there was room for an industrial type bearing and housing.
    What it lacks in ground clearance it makes up for with traction.

+ Reply to Thread