Canadian Max owners

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Canadian Max owners

Canadian Max owners

Just wondering how many Canadian Max owners we have on this site. ???? Where do you get parts.??? What are the laws concerning your AATV in your Province ????

Tdog50

I'm in Ontario (Pickering) and have a Max IV. I get whatever factory parts I cannot make myself from MuddOx, motor parts I source locally and pretty much make whatever I want. What particular law(s) are you inquring about? I have my Max registered, plated and have liabilty insurance on it.

-Steve

Have not registered mine yet but thinking about it since I got a warning from conservation officers. They were not sure what to make of it lol. Did you register as an atv or boat? What did you need for paperwork? I am 12 hrs North of you and shipping costs as much the parts so I also try to fab as much as possible. Get the rest from Mud-Ox also. Bearings and chains I can usually source locally from Wajax.

Tdog50

What about riding laws. The town here has just passed a by-law where atv's are allowed on certain streets and allowed to cross at certain streets. We have a lot of tourist atv'ers and outfitters here.

Rene

It's nice to hear the town is leaning toward being more tolerant when most jurisdictions these days are going in the other direction.
    For 20 years,one time per year, I would go with a group to Lake Onaping in Ontario. Those were the absolute best fishing trips I can remember.
    25 miles by boat from the main lodge to the 25 mile outpost cabin (there was one at 33mi and one at 41miles,also). One of the highlights of the week was to boat about 5 miles from camp to a trail that went to a "fly in" only lake. Land boat,walk aprox 1 mile up & down a pretty good hill,across a small (most times) creek,up & down another slope to the lake. This was just to see if there was a usable boat over there. Then back to our boat to get and carry motor,fuel,tackle,cooler and any other non essential items back over to the fly in lake. Then at the end of the day,figure the fuel and cooler were lighter but if it were a good day,add 150 pounds of fish and hump all this stuff back to Onaping for the trip back to the 25 mi outpost. My dream was to make a "set of wheels" for the boat,tow the Argo behind to the portage and then just drive the Argo pulling the boat with it's makeshift dolly (and all the gear inside of it) over to the fly in lake. Would have just left the Argo there for the week so other could take advantage of this wonderful labor saver. When I ran my idea by the Guide/Owner of the main lodge he said that it would not be permitted and if caught may be going back stateside without any fishing gear and possibly w/o an Argo. Bummer. I stopped going because I got tired of the hassle at the border when returning to my own country but that may have had something to do with the fact that we looked like we'd been bathing in a lake for a week or so.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeMeg View Post
    My dream was to make a "set of wheels" for the boat,tow the Argo behind to the portage and then just drive the Argo pulling the boat with it's makeshift dolly (and all the gear inside of it) over to the fly in lake.
    I have something like you describe I made for myself about 20 years ago. It's a length of angle iron with 2 large bicycle tires attached to the ends. I clamp this to the top of my transome and turn my boat upside down. I have a removable trailer hitch that bolts to the bow of the boat. I tow this behind my ATV so I can get into remote trout lakes near my cottage. The bicycle tires privide a good 12" of clearance under the transom. The only modification I have contemplated is a thin skid plate from the transom to the middle bench, I managed to hook the transom on a stump once. There was no damage, but a little more speed and it could have gotten messy.

[QUOTE=Canadian_Zuk;200109] I have a removable trailer hitch that bolts to the bow of the boat.

Yep! That's what I was thinking.

It's about the same here. Atv'ing to a fly in lake is frowned upon. But there are so many good walleye spots around here it' not an issue .

Tdog50

Quote Originally Posted by tdog50 View Post
    It's about the same here. Atv'ing to a fly in lake is frowned upon.
    Tdog50
    I'm most certain it had nothing to do with the accessibility to this lake. Heck, they would've been frowning upon our walking in also. Had they ever hinted that this is not proper, we'd have certainly respected their suggestion. The message I was getting is that cruising the bush on atv's up there is just not something they want folks doing. They said about the only atv's they see are operated by the OPP.

Well crusing the bush here is no problem. Lots of old logging road and strips. Don't see too many Opp's on Atv's unless they are riding with the conservation officers. I work for a logging outfit here and we keep a healthy distance between our operations and waterways. Any road that Is anywhere close to an outfitter has to be closed off with water crossings pulled out and rehabilitated.

+ Reply to Thread