Splined axle bearing question

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Splined axle bearing question

Regarding sprocket tubes, how do you squirt grease into the zerks on the middle axle of a M-IV? The chains are very close. My grease gun tip won't fit between the chains. Am I supposed to remove the chains each time I grease them?

Its a simular issue for the front sprocket-brake set.
    Whats your trick? Thanks.
    Stand for the Flag. Kneel for the Cross.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty-Gunn View Post
    Regarding sprocket tubes, how do you squirt grease into the zerks on the middle axle of a M-IV? The chains are very close. My grease gun tip won't fit between the chains. Am I supposed to remove the chains each time I grease them?

Its a simular issue for the front sprocket-brake set.
    Whats your trick? Thanks.
    I use a 24" flexible whip on my pneumatic grease gun and I can just wiggle it in there from the back side. The rear left is the hardest one to reach.

Thanks, Zuk. (I seen a few of you mud thumping vids)
    We can get to the back zerks, but my grease gun nozzle won't fit between the chains on the middle axles. I'd rather not take off these chains just to grease the sprocket tubes if I don't have to.
    Same for the front axles, the zerk is hiding in there lurking about, taunting me.

The inner bearings came in. These are labeled SA 206-17. These have an eccentric lock collar. The ones on my Max have two set screws.

I am not sure if these will fit the turned down portion, lengthwise. Do I remove them two washers? I assume they are spacers.

Anyone know if the would fit? (I'd rather not have to remove an axle to check).
    Last edited by Rusty-Gunn; 06-01-2016 at 11:09 PM.

The ID (17 = 1-1/16") and OD (206 = 62mm) are correct but I think instead of the SA, you needed a UC? Don't take my word for it though. What two washers are you talking about?

There are two washers that are on each end just before the inner bearing goes on. I thunk they help with sprocket alignment.(?)
    I think Tbone9 said UC as well.
    Looks like I will be sending these back for the UC versions. Thanks Mike.

The uc is what you'll need, as far as the grease a needle should work if there is enough room. A needle goes directly into the check ball instead of over the fitting.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Thank you ArgoJim. I will send the bearings back to exchange them for the UC versions.
    I'll have to vheck into the grease neefle. I've never seen one before.

We got the Max back on the road. The test drive was good. We are very pleased. We are now ready for the summer.
    Thanks to everyone who gave advice, we learned quite a bit.

+ Reply to Thread