Looks like my Max II wasn't such a bargain

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Looks like my Max II wasn't such a bargain

Looks like my Max II wasn't such a bargain

Finally pulled the floor pan out and raised the body to give my new purchase a visual inspection. This doesn't look good at all.
    Attached Images

This is a pretty common thing for people to do when their roll pins wear out. You may be able to shallow out the welds with a grinder or cutoff wheel and separate everything. If not, I'm pretty sure the only option is to use a porta-power or something similar to cut the axles out.

Yep, figured a cut off wheel and crossed fingers.

Keep going buddy you can do it.

Thank you

What year is your Max?

the one I'm building is a 1998 , the older one I'm not sure has no numbers

My Drago/Max is a 2001 but from the pictures you've posted it looks similar.

these pics are my older unit

I'd use a cut off wheel to shallow em out, get the sprocket hot with a torch, then twist it with two pipe wrenches. That's a minor tack weld, so there can't be a whole lot of penetration between the two. Just remove what you can and give it a go, if you only heat the sprocket the heat expansion should add a lot of pressure to help it break the remaining weld.

+ Reply to Thread