Max II build

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Max II build

image.jpgimage.jpgNow we're getting somewhere

I'm at the same point. I just bought a Mexican (basket case) version of a Max 2 called a Drago 2. I spent the last week cleaning all of the parts. I live in Mexico so I have to save everything I can, nuts and bolts included. I've got a lot of hours on the wire wheel cleaning off rust. I'm only in it for $500 dollars so I think I can afford to do a complete restore. It'll be interesting to see your progress.

Well good deal, you can hopefully learn from my mistakes

Progress

Frame and brake parts sprayed with POR 15
    Attached Images

Try 2 large pipe wrenches. one on the sprocket tube inside the machine braced against the frame, and one outside the tub on the axle, which you jump up and down on. if you can get them to break free and spin independent of each other you can start working pb blaster in there and get them to slide. Ive tried everything and this is my go to method
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

oh got em out a long time ago but thanks

Going back together

Made a little progress today after nut bolt and washer shopping. I have a long ways to go but I finally feel like I'm on the downhill side of the slope
    Attached Images

That is beautiful. I just got my frame out of the tub. I got the rear axles free of the sprockets with a 10 ton porta power.

Hello LW1911, just curious how do you post multiple pictures on the same post?

Quote Originally Posted by hwally View Post
    Hello LW1911, just curious how do you post multiple pictures on the same post?
    I saw your other thread where you posted a single image in a post. To post multiple images, do the same thing. Just copy the link from the gallery and paste it in your post. You can do that as many times as you like before you submit the post.

+ Reply to Thread